Search children and families services providers near your home help
You can use this search to find providers near your home by:
Postcode and distance from your home
- Type in your postcode and select the radius distance from your home.
- You may want to filter your search by the type of provider that you are interested in; the provider type drop-down lists the different kinds. You may not be familiar with some of the types – for example, secure training centres. For a definition of each type, on closing this help window to the Types of children and families services Ofsted inspects page.
Can't find a provider?
If you can't find a provider, it may be because:
- for their security, we only list children's homes by their Unique Reference Number (URN), so no results will be returned for searches by name or address. We do not publish their names or addresses in order to safeguard the welfare of children and protect their privacy.
- The provider could be closed – further information about closed providers is below.
Different providers with the same name
Take care that you have chosen the correct provider in instances such as the below.
- Searching for a provider with a common name, such as a school with a saint’s name. If you have the provider’s Unique Reference Number (URN), then use this to search for the provider.
- If a school has a stand-alone nursery on its premises; these two providers will be listed separately, but will probably have the same name and address. The school and nursery will have different Unique Reference Numbers (URN); if you have the URN, then use this to search. If the nursery is listed as ‘closed’, the school will still be open unless its entry is also listed as ‘closed’.
When you search for a provider the results returned automatically will only display operating providers. However, there may have been previous providers operating under this name or at this address; click on the ‘All providers’ option above the results to also show providers that have closed since December 2010. We display a closed provider on the website for three years.
There are several possible reasons why a provider has closed.
Common ones for early years and childcare providers are:
- the provider is no longer required to register with Ofsted, because they are no longer providing childcare that requires registration
- the provider no longer provides childcare and has resigned their registration
- the provider’s registration has been cancelled by Ofsted.
For further information search for Registration not required; Information for parents about Ofsted's role in regulating childcare; and Displaying historical information of registered early years and childcare providers on the Ofsted website under Resources.
Can't find an inspection report?
If you can find the provider but it does not have the report that you are interested in, it may be because the inspection may have taken place recently and the report is still being processed.
Looking for latest published reports?
To search by latest published report, go to the main Inspection reports page and search by date published.