Completing your application to be an early years and childcare provider
Disclosure and Barring Service checks: applications online only from July 2013
You apply online at http://ofsteddbsapplication.co.uk. This is a Capita website, if you have any questions about the DBS process please contact Capita using the details provided on their website. If you have any questions about DBS certificates, please contact the DBS. If you have any questions about the Ofsted registration process please read the relevant guidance above or contact us.
Use our appropriate guide to help you.
Please note that:
- if you want to join both registers at the same time, you should use the Early Years Register forms
- you can join both registers at the same time and pay only one fee to do that
- if you are applying to be a childcare provider, you must make a separate application for each set of premises where you want to provide care
- you can only apply to offer one type of care, unless you want to be a childminder and a home childcarer; in which case you can apply for both types of care on the same form
- an application is not complete until we have the relevant forms, the fee and the Disclosure and Barring Service (www.homeoffice.gov.uk/dbs) application forms
- if you have difficulty in completing any forms or need more information about applying, speak to your local authority or call our helpline on 0300 123 1231.
The quickest and easiest way to apply is the Ofsted Online website; from January 2014 we aim to move to online applications only.
Applying with downloaded forms
You can download the forms listed to apply to the Early Years Register.
Remember if you want to register on the Early Years Register and the Childcare Register, then you just have to complete the Early Years Register forms as these include a place to apply for the Childcare Register.
You can complete the Word version on your computer or by hand. The PDF version can only be completed by hand.
Childcare on domestic or non-domestic premises
You should also go to our Requirements for the Childcare Register: childcare providers on non-domestic or domestic premises factsheet.
Once you have completed your forms you can post them to Ofsted at Piccadilly Gate, Store Street, Manchester, M1 2WD.
Application forms for the Childcare Register only
If you only wish to join the Childcare Register you can obtain the application forms by calling us on 0300 123 1231, or writing to us at Ofsted, Piccadilly Gate, Store Street, Manchester, M1 2WD. To begin the application process you complete the CR1 application form and send it to us. We will then tell you about any additional forms you may need to complete and provide details for:
- Disclosure and Barring Service checks
- checking you identity and other information
- any other information we need
- paying your application fee.
Go to the appropriate guide to registration to find out about fees: they are listed at the top of the page.
We have an online payment system. We will include information on how to pay online on the back of the invoice that we send out requesting a payment.