Enter either the name or address or the URN of the provider you are looking for. If you are unsure of the address, then select a remit or provider type to refine your search.
Search providers by name, address or URN help
You can use this search to find a particular provider by:
Unique Reference Number (URN)
- If you know your provider’s URN then this is the quickest way to get a direct match.
Name or address
- You can search for a provider by its name and/or all or part of its address. The official name may not be exactly the same as the name the provider is known by locally, so if the search results do not appear to have the provider that you want retry using part of the name and address; for example, ‘Boniface Plymouth’ finds St Boniface College, Plymouth.
Remit type and/or provider type
- You may want to filter your search by remit and provider type you are interested in; the provider type drop-down lists the different kinds. You may not be familiar with some of the types, for more information, on closing this help window, go to the Types of provider Ofsted inspects page on the left.
Can't find a provider?
If you can't find a provider, it may be because:
- the school or further education and skills provider is newly registered and has not had its first inspection
- the provider could be closed – further information about closed providers is below
- it is a residential further education college and may have only had a residential care inspection, so select Children and families services under remit
- for their security, we only list childminders*, home childcarers and childcare on domestic premises by their Unique Reference Number (URN), so no results will be returned for searches by name or address. We do not publish their names or addresses in order to safeguard the welfare of children and protect their privacy. You may obtain the names and addresses of those wishing to offer childcare places from your local family information service. Please go to www.direct.gov.uk/parents, then click on the link ‘finding and choosing childcare’ where you will be able to link to your family information service
- for their security, we only list children’s homes by their Unique Reference Number (URN), so no results will be returned for searches by name or address. We do not publish their names or addresses in order to safeguard the welfare of children and protect their privacy.
*We wrote to all childminders and childcare providers on domestic premises to ask them whether they would like their name, address and telephone number published on our website. In September 2012 and March 2013 respectively we published these details for all that gave us consent to do so. They can now have their details added/removed on written request.
Different providers with the same name
Take care that you have chosen the correct provider in instances such as the below.
- Searching for a provider with a common name, such as a school with a saint’s name. If you have the provider’s Unique Reference Number (URN), then use this to search for the provider.
- If a school has a stand-alone nursery on its premises; these two providers will be listed separately, but will probably have the same name and address. The school and nursery will have different Unique Reference Numbers (URN); if you have the URN, then use this to search. If the nursery is listed as ‘closed’, the school will still be open unless its entry is also listed as ‘closed’.
When you search for a provider the results returned automatically will only display operating providers. However, there may have been previous providers operating under this name or at this address; click on the ‘All providers’ option above the results to also show providers that have closed since December 2010. We display a closed provider on the website for three years.
There are several possible reasons why a provider has closed.
Common ones for early years and childcare providers are:
- the provider is no longer required to register with Ofsted, because they are no longer providing childcare that requires registration
- the provider no longer provides childcare and has resigned their registration
- the provider’s registration has been cancelled by Ofsted.
For further information search for Registration not required; Information for parents about Ofsted's role in regulating childcare; and Displaying historical information of registered early years and childcare providers on the Ofsted website under Resources.
If a school is marked as ‘closed’ on the Ofsted website it may have become an academy. New academies are added to the website monthly. Once the new academy provision is on the website the academy and closed provider will be linked to each other under ‘providers at the same postcode’ on the provider page.
Can't find an inspection report?
If you can find the provider but it does not have the report that you are interested in, it may be because the inspection has taken place recently and the report is still being processed.
Looking for latest published reports?
To search by latest published report, go to the main Inspection reports page and search by date published.