Enter either the name or address or the URN of the provider you are looking for. If you are unsure of the address, then select a provider type to refine your search.
Search by schools help
You can use this search to find a particular school by:
- Unique Reference Number (URN)
If you know your school’s URN then this is the quickest way to get a direct match. The URN is a six-figure number; for example, 110155. Every school has one. It is not the same as a school’s Department for Education number.
You can search for a school by its name and/or all or part of its address. The official name may not be exactly the same as the name the school is known by locally, so if the search results do not appear to have the school that you want retry using part of the name and address; for example, ‘Boniface Plymouth’ finds St Boniface College, Plymouth.
You may want to filter your search by the type of school that you are interested in; the provider type drop-down lists the different kinds. You may not be familiar with some of the types – for example, sixth form schools. For a definition of each type, on closing this help window go to the Types of school Ofsted inspects page on the left.
Can't find a school?
If you can't find a report for a school, it may be because:
- the school is newly registered and has not had its first inspection
- it is a boarding school that may have only had a welfare of boarders inspection, so go to Find a children and families services inspection report'
- the school could be closed – further information about closed providers is below
- the school has converted to become an academy – further information about academy converters is below.
Different providers with the same name
Take care that you have chosen the correct provider in instances such as the below.
- Searching for a provider with a common name, such as a school with a saint’s name. If you have the provider’s Unique Reference Number (URN), then use this to search for the provider.
- If a school has a stand-alone nursery on its premises; these two providers will be listed separately, but will probably have the same name and address. The school and nursery will have different Unique Reference Numbers (URN); if you have the URN, then use this to search. If the nursery is listed as ‘closed’, the school will still be open unless its entry is also listed as ‘closed’.
When you search for a provider the results returned automatically will only display operating providers. However, there may have been previous providers operating under this name or at this address; click on the ‘All providers’ option above the results to also show providers that have closed since December 2010.
For further information go to the two closed provider FAQs on the FAQs page: www.ofsted.gov.uk/about-us/faqs.
Can't find an inspection report?
If you can find the school but it does not have the report that you are interested in, it may be because the inspection may have taken place recently and the report is still being processed.
Looking for latest published reports?
To search by latest published report, go to the main Inspection reports page and search by date published.